"The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" Review



Bella, Edward, and Jacob are all back for the third installment of the "Twilight" movie franchise, "Eclipse!" But having to choose between Edward and Jacob isn't all that Bella has to worry about this time around! Victoria's back, and she's still seeking revenge! But now Victoria has created an army of newborn vampires to help get the job done! And this could only mean one thing... the Cullens and the wolf pack will have to team up to destroy Victoria and her vampire army once and for all! So to start things off I just want to say that I DID LIKE this movie! It was of course a lot better than "Twilight," but I'm not sure that I liked it as much as "New Moon!" To me, the first two books and I guess movies of the franchise have more specific plots than "Eclipse" and even "Breaking Dawn" for that matter! In "Twilight" the overall plot is established, and in "New Moon," we're introduced to the werewolves and the Volturi and what not, so I guess what I'm trying to get to here is that "Eclipse" just kind of ties up all the loose ends before "Breaking Dawn!" I'm honestly confusing myself here so I'll try to explain what I'm trying to explain! "Eclipse" just doesn't have a specific plot to it! It basically just picks up right where the last one left off really, but the love triangle continues to heat up, Edward continues to talk Bella into marrying him, Bella continues to talk Edward into changing her, Victoria continues to try and get her revenge, the Volturi continue to… Okay, you get the idea! Now, I do have to say that the newborn vampires gave it something new and fresh, and we also got to see a lot of flashbacks this time around that helped us learn a lot about the past of some the characters! There was also a lot more action this time, which I think will help guys to enjoy it more, but there's also enough mushy gushiness for it to still be a chick flick! Now I will say SEE IT because I really did enjoy this, but since it doesn't have a specific plot, I don't think I liked it as much as "New Moon!" Honestly though, the whole series has a mindless plot, and I feel like they're releasing these films so quickly and so close together because they know that eventually people are going to realize that they're crazy for liking this! Okay that was a little harsh, but this is just not a well thought out series, and I could go on for days about how "Harry Potter" is so much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment