Rental of the Week: "Comes a Horseman"



So I've been wanting to recommend a classic western, but then I realized that I'm a not big fan of westerns and haven't watched that many, but now that I've seen "Comes a Horseman," I think I'll give westerns another shot! The movie stars Jane Fonda as a single woman named Ella Conners. Ella is a cattle rancher, and she is being pressured into selling her failing cattle farm by her not so nice ex-lover, Jacob "J. W." Ewing (Jason Robards). Ella has no intention of giving up her farm, so she turns to her neighbor, Frank Athearn, for help. Frank, who is played by James Caan, agrees to help Ella, and eventually the two fall in love. Unfortunately, it seems that "J. W." will stop at nothing to get her land, but will he ever get? You'll have to watch the movie to find out! The movie also stars Richard Farnsworth, who won an Oscar for his supporting role. Overall, it's definitely worth your time, especially the last ten minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment