The Best and Worst of 09!



Happy New Year! Yep, 2010 is here and with it comes a line-up of brand new movies! But before we begin anticipating all the new films hitting the big screen in 2010, let's reflect on some of my favorite (and least favorite) movies of 09!


"The Blind Side" was a movie that I didn't review on the show, but I'm telling you now that it's a "must see"! The majority of the time you can't go wrong when you make a football movie, but in - "The Blind Side"- football isn't the main focus! It follows the story of Michael Oher, a teenager that's bound to fail in life until a wealthy go-getter, Leigh Anne Tohuy (Sandra Bullock) takes him in and eventually makes him a successful member of the family! Now it's based off of the true story of the real life Michael Oher who currently plays professional football for the Baltimore Ravens. But like I said, football is just the eye catcher of it all, the real light to the movie is it's story of rags to riches! Although I probably would have chosen a different actor here and there, and maybe lightened up on the southern accents, this movie is well worth any one's time. It was definitely my favorite movie of the year and the only one in which I found myself clapping before the movie was even over!
And then there's "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"...
Now I wasn't a huge fan of the first film, but I was even less of a fan of the second one. First of all, robots should cry... or fart for that matter! But then there's the fact this movie was probably made so that Michael Bay could prove to us that he could make the loudest film ever! Well, he succeeded! But he also succeeded in making my least favorite movie of the year! This movie had my lowest rating of 2009 - 2 out of 5 - and I probably should have classified it as "not good enough for a rating"... but I've never done that before! Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox returned playing... oh who am I kidding there's no acting in the movie! Any way, Shia LaBeouf finds himself in the middle of a war between the Autobots and the Decepticons... enough said! Whether this was a good movie or not, it's currently the highest grossing film of 09... what is this world coming to?




No comments:

Post a Comment