"Beauty and the Briefcase"



So I just watched the new ABC Family original movie, "Beauty and the Briefcase" starring my girl, Hilary Duff! Yes, I'm a really big fan of Hilary, but I have to look past my obsession and critique this movie for what it is... a chick flick! Duff plays Lane Daniels, a fashion journalist who is working undercover to write an article about dating businessmen. I was confused by her portrayal of Lane, for I couldn't decide if she was ditsy or just desperate! To some she might come over as desperate since she has a list of characteristics that her "magic man" must have. However, the editor of "Cosmo" magazine loves the idea and gives Lane a chance to write a cover story. The catch being that Lane has to date men only in the workplace. At first the task seems easy because there are "so many men" in the business world. Unfortunately, the guy that has all of the characteristics on Lane's list isn't a businessman! Okay, so you see where this is going. Well maybe not! Just remember that things are not always as they seem. I definitely recommend this movie to women, especially women that like movies with shirtless men and sex talk! I guess the best part of the movie for me was the suspense of finding out which guy she would end up with. Oh, did I mention there's a twist or two! Sadly though, it was predictable that there would be a twist. Anyway, this movie is a fun chick flick and should satisfy most Hilary Duff fans. Although I would have to recommend that you check out her last movie, "According to Greta" before watching this one. She can act, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment